I have gone popsicle crazy this summer! The possible combinations are endless! I definitely recommend purchasing a mold to make popsicles. Mine is made of silicone and makes 10 pops at a time. If you don’t have one, then paper cups covered individually with plastic wrap will work too – just make a small slit in the plastic wrap to insert a wooden popsicle stick.
When I made key lime popsicles during a visit with my parents this summer, everyone seemed to really enjoy them. My Dad especially raved about how great they were, while asking for the recipe! So here it is for him and everyone else who is interested.
Key Lime Popsicle (no added sugar)
- Silicone popsicle maker
- Wooden popsicle sticks
- Or, paper cups and plastic wrap in place of popsicle maker
- ½ cup key lime juice from bottle or freshly squeezed
- 1 cup monk fruit sweetener with erythritol
- 1¾ cups coconut yogurt alternative (unsweetened) vanilla flavor
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 sheets graham crackers 5" x 2.5" rectangles
- 1 tablespoon plant-based butter softened
- Combine the lime juice and monk fruit sweetener in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover with a paper towel, and heat for 1 minute and 30 seconds in a microwave oven. When done, give a stir and set it aside for about 10 minutes to cool and dissolve a bit.
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir together coconut yogurt with the vanilla extract. Give the lime juice and monk fruit sweetener mixture another stir, and add it to the bowl with coconut yogurt. Whisk or use a hand blender for a few seconds (not long) until smooth.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, add graham cracker sheets with the softened plant-based butter, and crunch while combining them using a potato masher or biscuit cutter. Use a butter knife to remove stuck graham cracker pieces from the potato masher or biscuit cutter. Use fingers to further combine the graham crackers and plant-based butter to smaller pieces.
- Add the lime juice, coconut yogurt mixture to each popsicle mold to ⅔ full each. Next, drop in the graham cracker mixture evenly to each mold. Last, add the remaining lime juice, coconut yogurt evenly to each mold.
- Add the popsicle maker top and wooden sticks. Freeze for 12 to 24 hours depending on your freezer temperature. Remove popsicles from the popsicle maker and place in a freezer ready storage container. Enjoy!!