Healthy High Energy Granola Recipe (free of many common food allergens)
Food Allergy Awareness Week comes in May each year to bring heightened awareness to this important issue. Did you know that more than 32 million Americans are living with potentially life-threatening food allergies? Our family and so many others are affected by this, but that doesn’t mean that we can’t enjoy delicious and healthy foods – even those that are traditionally made with common allergens.
For this week, I want to share a super healthy high energy granola recipe that is so easy to make and also free of common food allergens such as milk, egg, soy, wheat, fish, shellfish, sesame, peanut, and most tree nuts (the granola does contain coconut*). To learn more about food allergies, visit foodallergy.org. ? Please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ review if you like the recipe!
Top 9 Allergen Free Super Healthy High Energy Granola
- 9-inch pie dish
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup pitted dates
- ½ cup pitted prunes
- ¼ cup unsweetened sunflower butter
- 1 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- 1 spray cooking spray
- Heat oven to 350°F (177°C). Spread oats and coconut flakes out on a baking pan and heat until lightly toasted, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Add dates and prunes to a food processor and blend until well combined.
- Place all the ingredients into a medium-sized bowl and mix with a sturdy spoon or your hands. Spray the pie pan with cooking spray and press the mixture into the bottom only. Press until smooth and tightly packed. Bake in a 300°F (149°C) oven for 30 minutes. Cut into 8 pie-shaped pieces.
*According to the foodallergy.org website, a small number of allergic reactions to coconut have been documented in medical literature, and most of these reactions occurred in persons without other tree nut allergies. If you have tree nut allergies, please ask your physician if you should avoid coconut..
Great recipe! Such a help for families with children who have tree nut and other allergies!!!
Thank you Betsy! Glad you liked it!
This recipe was superb! I really enjoyed it!
So glad you enjoyed it!