Are you looking for an easy to make healthy smoothie recipe that has been family approved for tasting great? If so, then try my Berry Summer Smoothie. This recipe can also double as a popsicle recipe. Make the recipe as described, and then pour the smoothie contents into a popsicle mold. Then, just place it in your freezer for 24 hours!
Berry Summer Smoothie
- 1 Blender
- 1 medium peeled and sliced in circles, frozen banana
- 1 cup sliced frozen strawberries
- 1 cup washed and chopped frozen zucchini
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup apple juice
- 4 leaves mint
- Add all to a blender and blend until smooth. If your blender has a difficult time blending the frozen foods, allow fruits to thaw a bit beforehand. Turn blender off as needed, and use a silicone spatula to move smoothie ingredients toward the middle of the blade. Continue blending until smooth. Top with a mint leaf.
- This recipe can also double as a popsicle recipe. Make the recipe as described, and then pour the smoothie contents into a popsicle mold. Place in your freezer for 24 hours!
- Lobo V, Patil A, Phatak A, Chandra N. Free radicals, antioxidants and functional foods: Impact on human health. Pharmacogn Rev. 2010;4(8):118-126.
- Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health. The Nutrition Source. Antioxidants. Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health website. https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/antioxidants/ Accessed May 31, 2022.