Watermelon Mint Salad Recipe
Mint is a fantastic herb that I recommend planting in containers so that it doesn’t spread and take over the other herbs in your garden. Although it can be used in many ways, one of my favorites is an easy watermelon mint salad with lemonade dressing – recipe below!
Watermelon Mint Salad
My version of watermelon salad is so refreshing with a lemonade dressing and just the right amount of mint. This salad is also a great dish to serve when entertaining during watermelon season!
- 2 tbsp walnut oil – may also use canola oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 8 cups spring mix greens
- 4 cups watermelon chunks – ¾" sides
- ½ cup feta cheese crumbles
- ¼ cup walnut halves
- ¼ cup mint leaves – coarsely chopped for large leaves
For the dressing
- Whisk oil, lemon juice, and sugar together until well combined.
For the salad
- Add the dressing to the salad greens and toss to coat just before serving. Spread the dressed greens onto a serving platter or bowl.
- Distribute the watermelon chunks across the greens. Sprinkle the cheese over the watermelon and then the walnut halves. Last drop the mint leaves over the top.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: 99 calories, 7 grams fat, 2 grams saturated fat, 79 milligrams sodium, 7 grams carbohydrate, 1 gram fiber, 6 grams sugar, 2 grams protein
Can’t wait to try this!!!
Very good salad!